Pages

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Tea Time...

So for my project that I am redoing, I came up with a theme for my color inspiration book.  Tea.  I have created a Lady Grey Dress, and a Longjing Green Tea dress (Chinese Green Tea) dress design, and will make designs inspired by Chai, Camomile, Darjeeling, and Assam .  I will be making an Earl Grey to go with Lady Grey as well (He counts as his own tea!).  I really want to create the Longjing Tea Dress, the design is simple, but the print is crazy.  Most likely I will have to paint the design on because I do not have the money to have fabric costum made!

So as I said before, what I am making is a Color Book.  It's a book that has the colors I want to use and what inspired me to use them.  Tea has inspired me, and not just tea, but tea from other cultures.  In our project we could either do magazine clippings, or we could sketch designs.  I first did clippings, but decided that since I am doing my project over, I am going to sketch this time.  The only thing that makes me nervous is someone possibly stealing my designs, but I really want to impress my instructor since the project is coming in late and I need to make up for that!

For others who are interested in starting your own line or going into Fashion and design, I would recommend making these.  It's basically your ideas in a book that you would present to a distributor or someone who would possibly be interested in selling your line.  It's an easy way to make a collection as well, so long as you are staying with a certain theme.  Will I post pictures?  I don't know, I say that I will do a lot of things :P  So lets just see how this goes!

Well, my break is up and I still haven't worked on my project yet today... Kinda need to get a move on that.  Don't forget to submit for the contest! Take advantage of the extension!

Hugs and Kisses,

PLV

No comments:

Post a Comment