Pages

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Innocent World Review

Happy July 4th/Independence Day to all the American Lolitas!  And for those of you who do not reside in the USA, I still wish you a happy day too :)

As I mentioned in my previous blog posts, I want to start making regular posts and making sure that they are relevant to Lolita.  I recently got my first brand items, its only two, but I am going to talk about these pieces anyway and about my overall experience from purchase to receiving and trying on the items.

Innocent World had a huge sale in June, and I decided to take advantage of that!  They had items that were 70% off.  I placed an order with a friend, and I got familiar with their order form.  IW’s order form makes it pretty easy to complete.  After I submitted the form, I was contacted by someone from IW, letting me know that they got my order, however one of the items were sold out and they gave me the opportunity to select something else that I wanted.  They were very polite and I was happy that they got back to me so promptly.

The wait was a little over a week.  Nothing was damaged and as soon as I got home I opened it!  Each item had its own plastic garment bag, with a hanger, and was neatly packed into 1 plastic Innocent World Shopping bag.  Inside a bag was a letter, thanking me for my purchase and that they hope to do business with me in the future.  

For myself I purchased a Hemming Checkered JSK in green, and my friend bought one in Grey.  The second item I got myself was the Tailored Salopette in Chocolate.  The dress fits pretty well on me, however the Salopette just barely fits, and that is mostly due to the length, as I am tall and have a long torso.  There are some things that I can do to possibly fix the garment, but I am honestly not sure if I want to tamper with this item.



The first thing I noticed about the JSK was the feel of the fabric.  It is not bulky or coarse as some of my off brand items, and the JSK is fully lined.  Once I put the dress on, I realized that the straps are changeable, and I could wear them normally, crisscrossed, or just tie the straps behind my neck.  The shirring also provided extra room if needed.  Overall I am very happy with this purchase, the only thing I might change would be to make the skirt an inch or two longer, but I was told I could wear a underskirt to help lengthen it.

The Salopette’s material is thicker, but still nice to the touch.  It reminded me of fabrics used for suits.  It took me a minute to find the zipper, which is placed in front and hidden behind the rectangle pieces (I am not sure what those are called).  This garment is also filly lined.  The back has lacing and a bustle back.  I originally wanted this in gray and black, but I am happy with this color.  The garment was a tight fit after I zipped it closed, both around my waist and vertically on my body.  I was able to adjust the straps that were attached on the back (they are removable), but this only eased the vertical strain a little bit.  If it was longer, I wouldn’t have any doubts keeping the garment.  It is very nice and well made, just not the right size for me.  Another thing that I like about this was the pockets!  I didn't realize that the pockets were actually functional until I had the garment on.  That was a cool surprise.



At this time I don’t have any Lolita blouses, socks, accessories, etc to go with these items.  I have some regular button down tops (as you can see in the picture).  I heard that if you have longer arms it is harder to find full length sleeve Lolita tops and blouses that will fit.  Do other tall Lolitas have this problem?  I imagine it would be fairly common.


Overall experience, I am very happy and I plan on buying from Innocent World again.  If you have any questions, or would like to add your previous experience with purchases from Innocent World, please leave your comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment