Pages

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Dress = FAIL!!!

Ok... so I didn't mess up on how I cut the fabric, but I did forget something very important... I did not wash the fabric before cutting.  So now I have two options.  1.  Continue making the dress with the current fabric.  2.  start over again with new fabric that will be different from the original.

If I go with option 1 I will then need to get the dress dry cleaned, or at the least wash it and let it drip dry.  Option 2 gives me the chance to make this dress over again in a different color and this way I will know that the fabric will not shrink on me... I think I forgot to tell you that my main concern was that the fabric would shrink.

I think I am going to go ahead with option 1.  Worse thing that happens is that I make a second dress with the other fabric.  On the plus side, once I get this dress done I should feel more confident in making another.  I have a lot of fabric and a few dress ideas that I could use my fabric for.

Hopefully I will be posting new pictures soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment