Pages

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Dress Update... from a while ago....

I think it is safe to say that I have hit the halfway mark on the dress.  I sadly do have to stop after I attach the sleeves because I do not have enough lining for the bottom half.  However the tough part is over and it was well worth all the effort that I put into the dress!  You have no idea how badly I want to post pictures of it now, but I want to wait until I have finished the dress.  Once this dress is done, I will be making another dress, only this time documenting each step.  I will also have a pattern made up so that you can make your own too!  A few select people have seen it (Mason... Ren) and I hope that everyone else likes it as much as they did too.

Now this is my first time lining anything... I think I might have said that before but I think it is needed that I say it again.  That being said, I might not have done it the correct way (but it still is coming out awesome so I am doing something right!).  Before I document the second dress, I will do research... I know, I know "Why didn't you do the research before you made the first dress?"  I guess it's that little bit of vindication I like to feed, and testing myself if I can figure it out on my own or not.  Personally I think this dress is coming out successful.  It's going to be my my afternoon tea dress :)

I am even putting my initials on the skirt of the dress, L. D.  I am so excited!  It's my frirst real dress that I designed and I am making it!  It looks a little different from the design since I found more materials for it, but for the most part it is staying true to the design.  Here is a picture so you can at least see the design and get an idea of what it will look like!



I am already making little hat design in my head to match the dress.  Speaking of my little hats, my job gave my permission to wear them at work (just not the OOT ones).  My one manager says to me "That little thing is a hat?!" sounding rather surprised lol  I got a lot of really good compliments about them, and it makes me want to make more of them.  I am just worried that soon I will have too many hats and then will need to start giving them away... if only I had loyal readers that were interested... Etsy didn't really work out well for me, and trying to sell on EGL... yeah, that didn't go so well either, so now I am just making everything for me and not worrying about trying to sell them, unless I leave Lolita or I really need to clean out my closet/hat boxes.

No comments:

Post a Comment