Pages

Thursday, May 31, 2012

My Mostly done dress!!!!

I say mostly because I did not get a chance to add the buttons or the letters.  As I have mentioned before, I recently got a new job, and at this new job, I am permitted to wear what I want (within reason) and when I told my boss I was making a dress, it was requested that I wear it to work.  Not sure if they will ask that again lol.  I honestly just might keep it the way it is.  There are some things that are off with it, but I still really love this dress!!!  I cannot wait to get started on the next two that I have plans for, but first I have a lot of skirts that are waiting to be made!

                                                                                                                                                                    
I do not remember if I mentioned this in previous posts or not, but this dress was used from an old top of mine and fabric that was left over from a friend!  Basically, the only thing on this dress I paid for was the top when I originally bought it, thread, zipper, and the lining.  The blue hat, in case you are wondering, I bought at the PA Fairy Festival.  You cannot see it, but there is a pleat in the back, just like in the front.  I took a picture but then discovered how wrinkled it was lol.  My plan was to put it back on my dress form, but throwing it on and having someone else take a picture was just easier, and I was already wearing it.

So, to keep with the recycling theme I seem to have going on, my next skirt I will be recycling a T-shirt for the cute yet morbid picture that is on it.  It was originally a gift, but the T-shirt is too big and I thought it would look really cute if put the picture on a skirt!  This will be my first Gothic Lolita piece.

Well, it is time for bed!  Night Pretties!
~LD11









No comments:

Post a Comment