Pages

Sunday, June 3, 2012

First Rule... Lolita and Music Channels. And Lets Get Steamy! Steampunk that is!

So I tried to be silly the other night and thought I could make a skirt without a pattern...  Silly Lolita Doll 11.  The first rule of sewing, ALWAYS use a pattern!... Second rule, ALWAYS USE A PATTERN!!!  So now, I made a skirt, but it is soo bad...  I still have some fabric left from it that I am actually going to try to make another skirt using some other fabric with it too.  But first I will make the pattern that I was lacking the other night!

So Today I am going to post some youtube and website links. 

The first one is from Canudoitcosplaygirl!  I am a big fan of this girl, and after I move to London I plan on meeting her if I can find a Lolita Meet that she will be attending.  Canudoitcosplaygirl, you have two years to flee the Country and avoid me XD.  Anyway I find her videos to be pretty entertaining and downright useful!  I myself am a budget Lolita.  Any brand that I do have is Bodyline and I think I only have two dresses.  Aside from that, I have been making my own clothes and some of the stuff I make comes out pretty awesome if I do say so myself, but I do have times where I finish something and look at it and go "omg, what the %^&* is this?"  Moving back onto the topic of Canudoitcosplaygirl, she has a video on how to make a budget Lolita video, specifically for Kodona style.  I already have a pair of pants that are waiting for me to finish making them frilly tastic!  Hopefully I will be getting my own laptop soon and I can make her a video of my finished outfit (if she is interested in seeing it... it would be nice to have feedback :) )  So everyone should subscribe to her right now, and watch her turn this guy into a BroLita!                                                                                                                              




Next is blinktwice4y.  I love the sound of this guy's voice... sorry Mason (that's the boyfriend for those who don't know).  This guy was introduced to me a while go and he comes up with these great songs that he   Favorite Disney movie, EVER!  If Mason and I come into a lot of money, or if I ever become a fashion designer, I'm paying this guy to play at my wedding.  I will pay for his hotel room, feed him, whatever it takes!  And Monique has to come too to sing that song.  Anyway, he got a lot of hipe from the Mario Kart Love song that he wrote.  I bought his download, and I actually have to buy it again because I lost my copy :(  But I am happy to send this guy my money, you should too!writes himself.  He also does covers.  I almost cried when I heard his and Monique Macasaet's version of Kiss the Girl from the Little Mermaid.  Favorite Disney movie, EVER!  If Mason and I come into a lot of money, or if I ever become a fashion designer, I'm paying this guy to play at my wedding.  I will pay for his hotel room, feed him, whatever it takes!  And Monique has to come too to sing that song.  Anyway, he got a lot of hipe from the Mario Kart Love song that he wrote.  I bought his download, and I actually have to buy it again because I lost my copy :(  But I am happy to send this guy my money, you should too!
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/samhart  <==== where you can buy the download.  .99 cents!

Final plug for the night, then I am going to go to sleep and hopefully work on my pattern tomorrow!


Steampunk...  What is Steampunk?  I was going to make a seperate page, like how I do for Lolita at the top of my page (which reminds me... I have to site my sources because I don't think I did before...).  The problem was that I kept getting frustrated every time I was thinking about how to explain it.  It's not that I cannot, but I have a problem where I need to get into every little tiny detail about it.  Your lucky that the Lolita Tab came out the way it did!  So lets see if I can describe Steampunk in a sentence.






Steampunk is a Neo-Victorian universe/life style that embodies the romance of the Victorian Fashion with Science Fiction...  There, that wasn't too bad!  But here is a video that can probably give you a better idea than I can!  This video covers so much in so little time!  Crafting, Music, Fashion!  And it's from PBS, what more can you ask for?

Alright, well that is it for me!  Hopefully I will have something new for you soon!  Bye!!!

-Lolita Doll 11

No comments:

Post a Comment