Pages

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Finished!!! And Crafting Videos

So I finished the garment for iSautner!  YAY!!!  She has been awesome an patience with me and I am really hoping she loves this pieces as much as I do.  I really want to make a second one for myself.  I also hope that it fits.  If not I will gladly make alterations as needed, but I think it will be ok :)
I am going to take some pictures of the garment for my portfolio, and I have previously asked iSautner if she would be comfortable sending pictures of her wearing the item.  I will not post pictures until iSaunter receives her parcel in the mail.  So excited!!! 
In other news my classes are almost over so I will have more free time to blog and complete more of my project checklist... which I don't think I have updated yet.  Anyway, i promised a selection of videos that I found on YouTube.  I have not gotten a chance to make any of these yet, but I want to.
The first video I came across by... Googling Pretty Little Victorian... I was curious about what would come up!  And this video came up, on how to make a fan with some materials, and this one piece I have no idea what it is, but I found one half of it in my house and I will be going to the hardware store to find out exactly what it is and I will let you know where you can find it!  Most of the other materials you can get at your local craft store or you can buy online.
Pretty Little Victorian Fan
This person also has a blog that you can check out :)
Second video is done by Sweet Vanity.  This is a tutorial on how to make a sleep mask.  I thought this was really cool because you can do so much with this and make different styles.  It doesn't even have to be Lolita related.  I want to see if putting lavender in the mask would be aright, but I am not going to advise it as I have no idea if having Lavender near your eyes might cause problems.  I will update you on that as I get the chance to research.  Just thought having scents, especially Lavender, would be neat.
Lolita Sleep Mask
Third is a Hat tutorial using a lamp shade so that you can get the small bottom, big top effect.  I saw one before (not using a lamp shade) and I could not do it no matter how hard I tried.  I am hoping that this will be easier, which it does appear to be.  I will try to add fabric to mine, therefore making it harder, but I just like a fabric covered hat.  Nothing against those who want to paint theirs!
Lolita Top Hat
That's it for today.  I do have some more videos to show you, but I will save that for a later blog post :)  Please email me with any questions and I will be happy to answer them here on the blog, or there are any tutorials you would like to see, or if you yourself have one online you would like to share! lolita_doll11@yahoo.com or lolitadoll1121@gmail.com
Hugs and Kisses,
PLV

No comments:

Post a Comment