Pages

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Internships

Hello everyone! I hope everyone is having a wonderful Holiday!

So a week or two ago, my Concepts of design instructor had a surprise for us.  Some of her friends came in to look at our work and discuss internships!  Super sad that at this Stage I cannot do the Internship, but I got to exchange information.  I also wore one of my hats, but I will get into that later.

I wanted to talk about what these men do.  Osei Moreland, he is the owner of Bring the Noise Network.  Ty Canty, President of Fashion for Cancer.  I am seriously thinking about turning around and doing one of these internships.  What these men are doing is great and I strongly feel like I want to be a part of it.

 Fashion for Cancer is a program where people come in and teach cancer patients to make clothes and accessesories.  Then those items are produced and sold online.  I just think that is the most beautiful thing I have heard yet.  I would love to come to New York and do this.  If this is something you feel like you might be interested in doing, I strongly suggest looking into as much information as possible.  I will post links at the end of this post!

The other Internship that is being offered is one in Baltimore working with middle school Children.  Teaching them how to create pieces as well.  I feel like this is a great idea too, exposing kids to this kind of stuff where they can be expressive in what they make.  Middle school can be a really tough time on anyone kids, this could make their day or week, provided that it is something they are interested in.

I wish I could write more for you guys but I am getting ready to fly out to London and see Mason! Will take lots of photos for you guys!

Hugs and kisses

-PLV

No comments:

Post a Comment