Pages

Friday, March 23, 2012

Dress Update

So I have actually been working on my dress, yay me!

So as of right now I only have the muslin mock-up made.  The silhouette (is that right?...) of the dress does not look very Lolita, but it looks like something out of the 1920's, so I still love it!  I have pinned everything together and it looks lovely.  The next step is to cut all my fabric, and then put them together.  90% of the dress is made up of this cream and tan plaid, it much more pretty than it sounds, and then 10% of it is fabric from an old shirt that I loved!  I also plan on lining this dress, so before I sew the actual fabric, I will be sewing the lining.  If there is enough fabric, I would love to make a hat for it, and not a mini top hat, an actual normal hat lol.

As I always promise, I will have pictures of the muslin piece and then pictures of the actual dress once it is finished!  This is the first time I am creating a pattern for something, and honestly it was hard work, which is what I expected, but I didn't think it would be this hard after simplifying the pattern!  Though now that I have done it, I am excited to make a new one, or at least playing with the pattern I created and altering it into something new.

Well ladies and gents, I am going to call it a night because I am sleepy and need rest both for work and to work some more on my dress!  Night!

-Lolita Doll 11

No comments:

Post a Comment