Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Stroke of Genius!

So, I am sitting here and possibly thinking of breaking my vow and buying a Lolita dress online.  What stops me are two things.  The first thing being that the dress I wanted, they do not make in my size.  The second being that I could make most of these dresses (well, I think I can).

I find this one JSK that I really want, but looking at it, it looks fairly simple, I could probably make it.  It kind of looks like the dress I want to make, but my design looks rather complicated... Then I realize that revamping the design to make it easier to sew, would not be a bad idea.  I can still keep most of my design but make it easier for me to handle and then after that I can work on some harder stuff.  This might seem like a boring post, or maybe every post I make is boring, but for me this is exciting.  I have off work tomorrow, I know what I am going to be doing all day!

First I have to re-sketch my design.  Then I will cut out a pattern from the muslin that I have, sew it all up and make sure it is fitted correctly.  I can honestly say that I have gone from being horrified at the thought of putting this dress together, to feeling excited again!  Hopefully I will have something for you to look at soon!  Night all!

-Lolita Doll 11

1 comment:

  1. Pictures of your muslin pieces please : p I bought this pattern recently http://voguepatterns.mccall.com/v8789-products-16431.php?page_id=850 and I want to make it before the summer so we'll probably be making dresses at the same time ^_^

    ReplyDelete