Pages

Monday, November 5, 2012

Work, School, Too much stuff!


So it feels like it has been ages since I wore anything Lolita or have been out to a meet... and then I remember that most of my wardrobe is stuff for spring, and I have been too busy to go out and report any Meetups!

I am trying to juggle work, boyfriend, sewing, and school.  My main problem is when I come home from work, I am just too tired to do anything.  However today I am going to work on my Presentation Board for school, provided I get ink for a printer... because... well it's hard to print anything without that.  So speaking of my Presentation Board, I felt that it would be neat to talk about what I am doing for my project.  I have to take a design and basically tell what I think inspired the designer's design.  I chose Channel's 12-13 Collection Cruise line.  I am saying that these designs (I have to pick one though I think... maybe... it was really unclear in the directions and when I asked my teacher, I just got more confused so I am going to do my best here), were inspired by Rococo Interior Design.  Here is the link.  Yeah, I am still not posting pictures on here because Blogger still likes to fight with me.

http://www.chanel.com/fashion/8-cruise-2012-13-chanel-collection-look-26,33#8-cruise-2012-13-chanel-collection-33,26

So, I really need to finish this project this week.  Once I finish doing that, I am knuckling down on the contest winner design!  It's sad, it's just sitting there, all the pieces are there just waiting to be put together!  I might need to get a zipper for it though... maybe... We are still trying to figure that part out.

Anyway, back to the Channel line.  When I saw these, I thought most of them looked Lolita like, some of them not so much, but I really like some of these designs and would love to wear them.  Too bad they are even more expensive than Brand, but that is just how it goes.  I would love to make some more winter clothes for myself, but I really do not feel as though I have up to the task at this point, so I just might be buying some Winter Lolita outfits.  Probably from Bodyline, that is all I can afford, but I am not sure if I want to buy a winter coat from there because I have heard some mixed reviews and it is supposed to be a super cold winter this year.  If anyone has any suggestions for a good Lolita Winter coat, I don't care if it is brand or what so long as it keeps me warm and I cute :)

Really pondering about doing a Webshow... the only problem is that I already do not have enough time to do anything else, and I really don't know what I would talk about other than the pieces I have made and my general day.  That idea is probably going to go on the back burner until I can really think this idea through.

Oh, for those of you who like Trains, there is going to be a Lolita Meet at the Strasburg Railroad.  Lolitas from Baltimore and PA will be meeting to ride the train and possibly venture into the Museum.  I am excited because I have never ridden on a train like this, and having a bunch of us dressed up in frilly outfits will be exciting!

Well, my lunch break is over, so I got to go.  Hopefully I will be continuing with my updates regularly and find more interesting things to discuss when everyone!

Thanks for reading!

PLV

No comments:

Post a Comment