Pages

Friday, January 20, 2012

New JSK

I probably shouldn't make posts about my creations before I make them, but I am just so excited for this!  So after the whole skirt problem, I decided that I needed to take a break and work on some other stuff.  There is this fabric that has been sitting in a bag, in my room (like most of my fabric).  Last night I couldn't sleep, so I made a few skirt designs.  One for a red skirt and the other for a skirt with a dessert print on it.  I ended up drawing a JSK and when I finally got out of bed today I started to work on it.

The skirt has the same basic shape of Bodyline's Music Melody (see picture on left).  I have no idea if I want to have the little ruffle on the top of the straps though.  I will be adding these very cute buttons and that the bottom of the skirt will be a scallop hem.  It was a little frustrating trying to figure out how to make the scallop hem, but I think it turned out as best as it could without someone having to show me.  I still have enough fabric to make a hair bow, hat, bonnet.  I have never made a bonnet before, so maybe I will do that!

After this JSK is done, I will work on a new skirt, after I have secured all the items I will need to make it.  It's a very pretty deep red that will have some black in it.  The skirt will hopefully look very fluffy after I find the right petite coat to give it the volume it will need.  It's very pretty and would be nice for a night out with the girls or that special someone.  Hopefully I will be wearing it in March/April!

In other news, I decided that I am going to take a sewing class.  Even though I have made some great things, I think that I would benefit by being formally trained by someone with experience and can help me make better items, whatever they might be.  Also, I am learning from friends too, it's how I got started.  I am so thankful to my friends and family and the support they have given me in all that I do or have wanted to do.  Here is to hoping that there are just bigger and better things for me!

-Lolita Doll 11

No comments:

Post a Comment