Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Sales, Sales, Oh look its a Sale!

Hey everyone!

So it’s been a few days since I have posted anything. I have been working on a Lolita skirt for all of you and documenting it. Sadly I ran out of thread and even ran out of colors that didn't even match my fabric (all the stitching are on the inside so no one will ever see it!). So I went to Joann Fabrics and purchased some thread to hold me over for the time being

While at Joann's I noticed a few things that I thought you crafty people might like to know in case you were unaware. They are currently having a sale on Guttermann thread, all of it is 40% off and that is what I ended up purchasing. It is my first time using it so hopefully it goes well and does what I need it to do. There are also some clearance items. If you need to make bloomers or a skirt with an elastic waistband, the elastic that they sell by the yard is clearance from .97 cents to .25 cents a yard depending on what kind you are buying. There are also some sewing notions (needles and pins, etc) that are also on clearance, I didn't get to take much of a good look there as I was jumping from one to the other. As always there are still the red tag fabrics (but the additional 50% off is no longer in effect, but will keep you updated for when its back).

Now for those that are not into sewing, let’s say that you like to make jewelry. Well there are also clearance items in the jewelry section, and not the crappy cheap stuff either. The crystal beads that were once $7.99 are now $3.99. Now a lot of you are probably thinking "but that is $3.99 for a small amount of beads". This is true but these are also Swarovski grade crystal beads. It’s not just the crystal beads either, there are some sterling silver pieces that went on clearance but they are going really fast.

Clay! I think it was the Fimo and Sculpey that I saw on sale or clearance. These are good for people who like to make things out of clay, like making their own beads, mugs, trinket boxes, anything you can think of really. A lot of people tell me how they don't like how the finished product looks, that it doesn't look 'polished' enough. Well they sell a gloss that you can put on your artwork, and make it nice and glossy, just like art class after your teacher fires up your vase that you made for your mom, but you didn't read the color label of the gloss you picked... so instead of red you got neon green. Ok, maybe not exactly like that, this stuff is just a clear gloss and has the Sculpey brandname on it, but should still work with Fimo if you want to use that product instead. In the future I will actually tinker around with some clay, trying to make my own beads. Not sure how well that will go but it should be fun!

Now let’s say there isn't a Joann's near you. Not to worry, they have an online store! YAY! (bare with me, I haven't slept yet).

http://www.joann.com/joann/home/home.jsp?topnavlink=true

There is also a coupon right on the front of the site, so if you find an item that is not on sale, you can use your 50% off coupon! To get more coupons, I suggest jumping into their mailing list. "But I just have Michael's and AC Moore coupons", Joann's will take those too! No excuse! :P

Well, back to my skirt with matching hair bow. Hopefully I will have my finished product and tutorial up for you tomorrow. Stay pretty! (I need to come up with a better catchphrase).


-Lolita Doll 11

No comments:

Post a Comment