Pages

Monday, January 2, 2012

Ties!

Ok, so Now that we have covered hats (still working on the pictures), next project is ties!

For this project I did end up buying a pattern because I have never made a tie before.  Honestly, I might just completely do away with this pattern because it didn't really make much sense for me (and here I thought I was doing something simple!).  I bought my fabric, interfacing, and the lining for the tie.  When I couldn't figure out what to do from there, even with the pattern, I turned to www.youtube.com!  I was very excited to find a very easy video explaining to me how to make my own tie, and I was able to use my own pattern that I bought (though I had to tweak it a bit).

I love ties!  Never really got the chance to wear them (because I haven't really seen many girly ties being sold) I didn't want to buy a man's tie (how sexist of me!).  So I have some of this black and red silky/satiny fabric with some embroider flowers on them (You will note that the tie matches the hat... when you see the pictures of both!).  Sadly... I didn't think that when you iron such fabric... its probably best to iron on the back or with a towel over it... Yes, that is right everyone, I burned the front of my tie.  But, I decided to save my tie and add this flower on the front.  I might add some more, like two more smaller ones going down.

Anyway, normally I would cover the checklist of what is needed for this project, but I think Threadbangers did an awesome job, so I am just going to leave you the link so that you can have the same great experience that I myself had!  Feel free to leave pictures of your own tie or hat creations, or if you have your own craft project you want to share.

-Lolita Doll 11
Threadbanger- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jHZo_UK2bs

No comments:

Post a Comment