Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Videos, Lolita Themed

 Disclaimer:  The videos that I am sharing are not mine, nor do I take any credit in their creation.  I simply
enjoyed these videos and thought that others would
enjoy them too.  I really think there should be more videos about this fashion, explaining what it is, and why we wear it.  I love watching the documentaries, but I also like watching the videos of girls just sitting in front of their cameras basically saying "This is who I am and it makes me happy."

 I hope you enjoy and you share some of your own
videos that you might find :)

    The first video is a documentary on a group of girls from Australia.  I think one of the girls in this is also in the music video for "Throw it in the Bag" which I will leave at the end of this blog post.  The next three videos are all one in the same.  They are one of the first few videos I found on Youtube about the fashion, and I was eating it up even though it was all subtitled. The documentary focuses on three different stories.  Watching these videos just makes me love the fashion even more and I want nothing more than to just find even more people who share the same love for the fashion and culture as I do.

One of my dreams is to become a designer and open my own shop and selling my own Lolita Designs.  Its going to take some time since I need to go back to school, but in the meantime I am teaching myself as much as I can, and learning wherever I can.  I have thought of trying to get tables at Conventions, but was told a table was like $400.00, which is explains why sometimes shopping at a convention can get expensive!  If I am unable to become a designer, I know I want to do something with my life that involves Lolita.  Maybe opening a Tea House or something.  What I am getting at is that watching these videos and seeing these girls... it gives me hope that even though I may not be moving as fast as I like, that wherever I am meant to be I will get there as long as I can do what I can to get myself there.













I like this girl, don't know her personally, but she covers some really important things.  Don't care what other people think, stereotypes, and how you can make your own fashion.  I have found a few more videos of girls, young girls who go to school dressed in Lolita and I wish when I first got into the fashion that I was brave enough to just not care and wear it.  Now I try to wear it when I can, and honestly I don't get bothered by people too often, people mostly question what it is and why your wearing it.  Maybe one day I'll be able to walk outside of my door wearing whatever I want and people wont be taking double takes (though to be honest, its kind of fun).

So here are some American girls!  If I could edit 
video, I would try to make my own.  I am going to be recording at a Lolita meet, but don't expect the video to be up soon, I'm going to see if I can play around with it.  I will be conducting interviews, nothing too extensive though since its suppose to be a crafting meet and greet.  If you can think of any questions you would like me to ask the girls please let me know and I will see about making it happen!











And as promised!  'Throw It In The Bag!"


I hoped you enjoyed the videos!  Until next time!

-Lolita Doll 11


No comments:

Post a Comment